The perfect cookie for pre / post workout!
Hehehe... See what I did there?
Chocolate Chips + Chocolate Protein Powder + Cookie Shape = Chocolate Chip Prookies
As a self-titled workout junkie, I know I need to get my protein in. And as someone who doesn't eat your standard meat-heavy American diet (I only eat fish and eggs) it's important for me to get my protein in wherever and whenever possible.
And a protein-rich dessert? With melty oozy chocolate chunks?
Sign me up.
My friends at OLLY make a delicious, protein rich protein powder. They have tons of flavors to choose from but if you are a choco-holic like me you will get the chocolate flavor, Pure Chocolate. It's filled to the brim with all the good stuff: pea protein, flax seed, and golden chlorella. It has real cacao in there too. It tastes really good on its own but it's also perfect for baking into breads, pancakes, and cookies. Check out the recipe below to see how I made my own Chocolate Chip Prookies! They are low in sugar and they are gluten free. I hope you like them!
- 1/2 cup OLLY Pure Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used organic almond butter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 bar Alter Eco Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine OLLY protein powder with gluten free flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add salt, stevia, and baking soda. Continue to mix.
- Next, add your wet ingredients. Crack 2 eggs into mixing bowl. Stir well. Then, add almond butter, coconut oil and melted butter. Add in chocolate chips and mix with your hands.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie tray. Lightly spray with coconut oil.
- Roll the dough into 1.5" balls and place onto the parchment paper, about 3 inches apart from each other (they spread out)
- Pop them into the oven for about 15 minutes, then remove and let cool slightly before enjoying!