Raw. Vegan. Chunky. Monkey. Fudge.
Pretty sure all those words together form one of the most beautiful sentences known to man kind. Anything with the words "chunky monkey" in them pretty much steal my heart. I'm a sucker for peanut butter-y, chocolate-y, nutty goodness.
Since adopting a plant based diet nearly 2 years ago, I have discovered unlimited amounts of different raw vegan treats, from raw snickers bars, to peanut butter banana cream bars, to maple donut holes. Once you invest in a good blender and do some research and experimenting, you will unlock the door to delicious raw vegan desserts. And it's a great room to live in.
This chunky monkey fudge is adapted by Loving Earth. I switched up the recipe a bit, and added my own stuff in here and there. It's super creamy, sweet, and chunky. Perhaps surprisingly, it's also easy to make.
Originally, it was supposed to be an ice cream, but I found it way more similar to the consistency of a frozen fudge. Of course, you can keep it out to thaw out at room temperature and then go at it with a spoon and eat it like ice cream. But I like the fudge square bars better for their portability and portion control.
The biggest thing was that I added peanut butter to their recipe. Because peanut butter is always better.
Another adjustment I made was in the chocolate ribbons. I melted some vegan chocolate chips together in a bowl and swirled it through the "fudge" mixture. The bits of peanut butter go so well with the walnuts and the chocolate chips. We didn't add chocolate covered almonds since the only ones we could find had soy in them, but it was just as tasty! So, if you'd like, feel free to add in some chocolate covered almonds to the ice cream mixture.
For those following me on Snapchat, they know I am partaking in an Elimination Diet of no dairy/soy/peanuts/gluten the month of March. So, this is another thing I cannot eat until I finish the 21 days. But I am putting it up here for you guys to enjoy during this time! So, without further adieu....
Raw Vegan Chunky Monkey Fudge
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup chocolate covered almonds (optional)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter, melted until runny
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted until runny
- Soak the macadamia nuts for 2 hours. Rinse and drain water.
- Add the macadamia nuts and coconut cream to your blender and blend together until smooth.
- Add the frozen bananas, coconut oil, salt, and vanilla into your blender. Continue to blend until everything is smooth.
- Add your "fudge" to a metal cake tin and fold in your mix-ins.
- Using a spatula, delicately smooth over the top of the fudge. Then, pour your chocolate and peanut butter ribbons on top. Garnish with your last 1 or 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Place in the freezer and let set for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the tin using a metal knife (be careful!) and then cut into 2x2" squares. Individually wrap in plastic or store in a glass container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
What's your favorite kind of vegan fudge?