Nothing says summer like zucchini noodles.
Not the beach, not the sun, not tropical drinks or sunscreen. It's all about the zoodles, man.
Zoodles, to me, mean summer. Zucchinis grow like wildfire during the summer months and it is amazing. Every summer I whip out my spiralizer like a kid on Christmas morning and use it every day... no joke. I spiralize carrots, beets, and sweet potatoes, but my favorite is zucchini. Zucchini noodles are an amazing invention- they are ready in like 2 minutes, are full of fiber and take on any flavor you coat them in! Low carb and low sugar, these babies are an amazing way to get your veg on and your green in. They are also super tasty and perfect for adding to marinaras, soups, curries, and of course, my garlicky kale pesto sauce.
This recipe is my favorite summertime staples and I hope you enjoy it. It's perfect to make for your next summer BBQ, Sunday Meal preps, or weeknight cause it's so fast and super easy!!! I love the chunky garlicky pesto- I keep some of the pine nuts pretty chunky so there's a lot of texture and crunch in this recipe. I enjoy it raw, but at night time sometimes I quickly sautee leftovers to give myself a warm meal. Fills me right up!
Zucchini Noodles with Garlicky Kale Pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Garlicky Kale Pesto
- 4 cups kale
- 3 cups basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup good olive oil
- Chop ends off of your zucchini and spiralize using a spiralizer. Add to a bowl and cover.
- Next, make pesto by adding all of your ingredients except oil into a food processor.
- Process for 20 seconds until chunks form, then add olive oil slowly through the emulsifier. Process another 1-2 minutes until everything is well emulsified but not too thin.
- Toss into the bowl with the zoodles, add cherry tomatoes and coat the zucchinis with the pesto. Place into serving bowls and enjoy!