Macro bowls are my favorite thing ever, they're super simple to whip up once you get used to the #preplife (spending a few hours on a day where you have some extra time and prepping your healthy ingredients for the week, more info on that in my Meal Prepping 101 post)
Adding an organic pasture raised egg in the middle makes this a suitable meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
I love lightly dressing the bowl, then breaking the yolk into all of the vegetables, creating a delightful dressing in and of its own.
This bowl is a favorite because it contains a bunch of ingredients from my local farmer's market, including the fennel, tomatoes, zucchini, and lettuce.
- 1 cup organic mixed greens
- 1/3 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup brussels sprouts, finely chopped or shaved
- fresh organic heirloom or cherry tomatoes, washed
- fresh organic fennel
- spiralized zucchini
- 2 tbsp pesto (I make my own almond pesto)
- 1 pasture raised organic egg (I use Vital Farms)
- lemon, olive oil, salt + pepper to taste
- Start by mixing some olive oil with lemon juice in a mason jar. This will be your base dressing.
- Next, toss your greens in the dressing and place into a pretty shallow, wide mouth bowl.
- Next, toss your zucchini noodles and pesto together in a separate bowl, then place into a section atop your greens.
- Next, toss your finely shaven brussels sprouts in 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 2 tbsp lime, and 1 tsp olive oil, and then place next to your zucchini noodles on top of the greens.
- Add the chickpeas to their own section.
- Add the fennel and the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil over high heat on a non stick pan.
- Once sizzling hot (test with a few driblets of water), crack the egg into the oil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place in the center of your bowl and top with salt and pepper.