My beloved fat ball recipe is here. I first posted about them on instagram but they became so popular they needed their own post on my page. I hope you enjoy them! High in fat + protein and low in sugar, these balls are to die for. I always have some on hand!
- 1 cup coconut shreds
- 1/2 c. Coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/3 c. almond milk
- Blend everything in a food processor until dough is achieved. Dough will be wet, that’s good!
- Roll into bite sized balls then lay flat on a air-tight container and freeze. They last for months but they're so delicious I bet they won't.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw 6 minutes before eating for optimal deliciousness!
- SUGAR FREE: feel free to remove the dates completely for ultimate low sugar.
- PROTEIN BOOST:feel free to also add vital proteins collagen peptides, or a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- FAT BALL COLORING: everybody's fat ball color will be different, due to a multitude of reasons. Coloring depends on things like which types of nuts you use (dry, raw, blanched, roasted), when you add the cacao nibs (add them the last 3 seconds of blending for a lighter colored ball), and how cold your freezer is. The coloring of the fat ball doesn't affect the taste or the nutritional content. If you want a lighter ball, you can add more coconut butter and less coconut oil.