Another vegetable-based smoothie for the books.
Been working on this one for weeks and finally nailed it. It's creamy, smooth, not too sweet, and full of vegetables. It's the perfect way to start the morning.
Why no bananas? Well, I remember thinking smoothie bowls full of bananas were so healthy for me. Within a year of this way of eating, I became intolerant to bananas and realized all my other strange symptoms (brain fog, bloat, acne, stress, inability to focus, fatigue) stemmed from the way I was eating. Even though it's healthy sugar, my body was still on fructose overload. I was following other peoples advice (fruit-heavy breakfasts) and it wasn't until I was diagnosed with PCOS, that I began educating myself and really LISTENED to my body. I then realized I needed to lower my sugar and up my fats and proteins. And now i know... for PCOS, my blood sugar and my hormones, i just feel better when i eat start the day low sugar. everyone's body is different, and I urge you to play around to figure out what works for YOU. and with that, i present to you this veg-based acai smoothie!
- 1 unsweetened @sambazon acai packet
- 2 scoops vanilla @cleanprogram protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen sliced raw zucchini
- 2/3 cup hemp milk
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Simply place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 3 minutes until well mixed.
- Top with some coconut chips for a nice low-sugar toppings. Also, some almond butter if you have some on top never hurt anyone.