You've probably seen bulletproof coffee blowing up around Instagram.
What is bulletproof? Bulletproof is a diet originally founded by David Asprey 20 years ago. It's a way of eating that relies on quality protein, healthy fats and anti-inflammatory foods. It boasts optimal brain function, energy levels, sleeping schedules, and fat-burning techniques.
A bulletproof latte is usually blended coffee with ghee and MCT oil. But did you know you don't need coffee to indulge in these delicious drinks? I first got into Bulletproof last year.
Though I don't follow the diet to a T, I have first hand seen some amazing results by incorporating these bulletproof matcha latte's into my diet for energy and focus. I do not drink them every day as they are pretty intense (and caffeinated), they are more like a once a week treat. I usually drink these alongside a small, light breakfast like a piece of toast or a small smoothie.
I drink a lot of matcha, and love Harney & Son's Matcha Unjonotomo, it's super high grade, very green, and tastes like a dream. All of their matcha is great though.
Since I don't drink coffee, this bulletproof matcha is a delicious alternative. Sometimes I add MCT oil, sometimes I don't. You'll also notice that 2 of the ingredients below have asterisks next to them, and thats because they are totally optional. They are not needed to make a bulletproof latte. I like to include them in with them as they make my drink taste better and I also love the benefits. However, they are not necessary, so keep that in mind. Cordyceps is good for hormone balance, and tocos is good for energy and spirit, and also adds a very hint of sweetness. Tocos is rice bran solubles.
My bulletproof matcha latte gives you sustainable energy and focus without making you jitter-y. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp Harney & Son's Matcha Unjonotomo
- 1 scoop collagen powder (I use Vital Proteins)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp MCT oil
- 1/3 c. hemp milk
- 1 1/2 c. almost boiling water
- 2 tsp tocos (I use Sun Potion)*
- 1 tsp cordyceps (I use Sun Potion)*
- First, measure out 1 tbsp of Harney & Son's matcha and sift it through a strainer and directly into your blender (I use a Vitamix). This removes clumps. I use this strainer.
- Next, add your near-boiling water.
- Next, add your collagen, ghee, hemp milk, and MCT oil
- Add tocos and cordyceps if using.
- Secure the top of your blender well, and blend on low-medium for about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy immediately!