Tasty Treat Tuesday! My good friend Hannah Bronfman over at #HBFit made me a beautiful raw vegan cherry + lavender cheesecake. (we made a smoothie bowl together, get the recipe here!) for me, and it was so delicious I had to share it with you guys. This cake is really easy to make - it's no bake, full of nutrient-dense ingredients, and not to mention, super aesthetically pleasing which is always a plus!
The lavender in the cheesecake lends a delicate, floral taste to this delightfully rich treat. I love raw vegan cheesecakes and was super happy with the way this turned out. So delicious and everything I wanted! Yum!
2 cups macadamia nuts
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup date paste
2 pinches himalyan rock salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
1 1/2 cups young coconut meat
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon organic dried lavender
1 tablespoon vanilla paste
2 pinches himalayan rock salt
2 tablespoons psyllium husk
2 tablespoons water
1 cup organic red cherries (pitted)
- Process the cashews very, very quickly, just to break them down a little.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process till a nice dough consistency forms.
- Press the mixture firmly into the base of an 8 inch cake tin lined with baking paper, using the back of a spoon to flatten the surface. Set aside.
- In a blender, whiz the cashews, coconut meat, almond milk, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, lavender, salt and vanilla paste together till smooth.
- Now add the psyllium husk and re-blend. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor, quickly blitz the cherries, then fold this into the rest of the filling.
- Pour the filling over the base of the cake and set in the freezer overnight.
- Transfer to the fridge to soften before serving.
- Top with fresh lavender and enjoy!