It's so nice to see you.
I have to say, normally I absolutely dread this time of year with the cooler weather, shorter days, and misty mornings, but now, I am starting to love it. Perhaps it's from my recent trip to New York, or the fact that I live in LA now and the falls aren't all that bad since there is no pending doom for a cold, bleak, snowy winter I prefer the beach to snow... always).
Another great thing about fall is the arrival of warming vegetables and fruits like apples, pumpkins, and persimmons. But I think my favorite fall flavor of all is salted caramel. There is something so warming and delightful about the flavor.
These gluten free and vegan salted caramel oatmeal pie jars are certainly helping me get into the mood this season. The salted caramel flavor in these jars actually comes from homemade cashew milk. If you are interested in making your own cashew milk, it's super simple. All you need to do it combine 1 part cashews to 2.5 parts water together in a blender and blend until well mixed, then strain using a nut milk bag.
They taste oh-so-decadent you won't believe they are actually good for you. They are also perfect to make on a Sunday night to prep for the week ahead since they keep for up to 5 days in a air-tight jar.
Makes 2 large jars, or 4 small ones
- 2 cups gluten free oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Dole Sunshine dates
- 4 cups vanilla cashew milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 cup almond milk yogurt
- 2 TBSP cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 cup gluten free Kashi GoLean Vanilla Pepita Clusters
- Add the cashew milk to a stovetop over low/medium heat. Add oats and bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 4 minutes stirring frequently. Add salt. After 4 minutes, add chopped and pitted Dole Sunshine dates and stir.
- Next, stir coconut yogurt and cacao nibs in a separate bowl.
- In a third bowl, mix cacao powder and almond milk yogurt together until well mixed. Add some leftover cashew milk here if it gets too dry.
- Add a layer of cacao nib yogurt to two clean jars.
- Next, add oatmeal. (still hot- it will get all melty and delicious)
- Then add a dollop of your chocolate almond milk yogurt.
- Finally, add in 2 spoonfuls of almond butter to each jar.
- Top with cereal right before consumption and enjoy.