Ok, I'm a little bit obsessed with peanut butter. I eat it every single day...and if I forget, I usually double up the next day to make up for it. Is that weird?
If it is, then call me the weirdest person on earth.
So basically, I'm always trying to find ways to eat peanut butter. Whether it be on toast, rice cakes, smoothie bowls, or in bliss ball form, I've tried it.
Lately I've been really into chia pudding. It's way lighter than a smoothie and it makes me feel amazing. However, I rarely eat it by itself. I'm still getting accustomed to it's strange texture, so I usually have to add a lot of toppings to make it interesting and to keep it from getting too bland.
Adding a scoop or so of peanut butter gives me more energy and makes the chia pudding thing a bit easier.
For this recipe (see below) I made the chia pudding using homemade brazil nut milk. Now, you can use any dairy free milk as an alternative here...don't feel like you need to use brazil nut milk. But if you do want to make it, all you do is blend up 1/4 cup brazil nuts with 1 1/2 cup filtered water and some pink himalayan salt for about 2 minutes. Then strain it using a cheese cloth. Bam, you've made brazil nut milk!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Bowl
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup brazil nut milk (or nut milk of your choice) You can also use coconut milk.
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Toppings: ground flax, strawberries, hemp seed, peanuts, peanut butter, jam, peanut butter protein bar (optional)
- Mix your chia seeds with your nut milk in a big mixing bowl. Whisk with a fork well until all the clumps are out! This is a very important step.
- Set in fridge for 20 minutes or overnight. If it's too thick add more water/milk. If it's too thin you can add more chia seeds.
- Pour into a bowl and top with freshly cut strawberries, berry jam, ground golden flax seeds, hemp seeds, a big 'ol scoop of peanut butter, some pb choco protein bars, and peanuts. Enjoy!!