Crispy, earthy, sweet, and savory. These veggie burgers are so divine, and super easy to make. If you think veggie burgers are hard to make, you are so wrong, and this recipe will prove that to you.
Makes 6 burgers
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, halved, and de-seeded
- 3/4 cup cooked Eden Foods organic Quinoa
- 1/2 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 scallion (green tips only), thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- s + p to taste
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- gluten free burger buns
- Steam your butternut squash until tender with a fork.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked quinoa along with your steamed butternut squash and the beans.
- Now, comes the fun part! Get your hands in there, and mix. mix until you get a squishy consistency.
- Add sunflower seeds, cumin, pumpkin seeds, salt, pepper, and scallion.
- Over medium heat, heat some avocado oil in a non stick skillet. Make 5-6 burgers with your hands and place in the pan. Do not crowd the pan! Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side another 4 minutes or so.
- Place on a gluten free bun, top with mashed avo, tomato, and baby spinach. Add some kraut in there too for an extra zing!