Happy Toast Tuesday!
I think I found my new favorite toast recipe. I loveeeee avocado toast of all kinds, and have never in my life turned it down. However, I kind of turned it *up* (see what I did there?) with this week's edition of avocado toast.
This toast fueled my workout and more- it's kind of like a macro bowl on bread. I hit all the major food groups with this baby- fats, protein, and carbs. And those beet spirals and watermelon radishes? NOM.
With summer right around the corner I cannot stop adding pesto to everything (well...everything but my chia pudding and ice cream) and avocado toast is no exception. Elevate your next toasty morning with this delightfully colorful and flavorful toast.
- 1 piece of toasted bread (gluten free or not, doesn't matter!)
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp cubed and season roasted sweet potato (made in advance)
- beet spirals (optional)
- watermelon radish (optional)
- scallions for garnish
- Toast your bread.
- Add your hummus
- Add avocado slices
- Next, top your toast with roasted veg galore! I had prepped some sweet potatoes and brussels so I added those. I think onions and roasted carrots would be great here, too!
- Next, garnish with scallion. This is non-negotiable. Scallion is so good.
- Finally garnish with radish and spiralized beets if you want color!