Fall is here, and with that, I introduce to you: the raw peanut butter nut & seed bar!
These bars are loosely based off of Taline Gabriel's Hippie Lane app. I changed a lot of the ingredients though, and they still turned out amazing!! They are SO chewy, gooey, and hardy. I will certainly be taking these on my camping trip to Big Sur next week!
I eat an energy bar almost every day and have a habit of buying them from the store where they can be very expensive and sometimes loaded with tons of sugar. These bars are a great substitute and are surprisingly easy to make. Also, feel free to make these your own- it's okay if you don't have all of these ingredients on hand. I challenge you to make due with what you have! Clean out those cabinets and use the food you already own! If you don't have peanut butter, use cashew butter! No pumpkin seeds? Use sunflower seeds! Don't have agave? Use honey instead! Cooking, to me, is expression of self, and of what we already have on hand. Get creative - you can't go wrong here with these bars!
Now, let's get to it.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- Start by combining everything into a large bowl but the agave nectar and the peanut butter.
- Mix everything together with your hands.
- Slowly add your peanut butter
- Slowly add your agave nectar.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and freeze for 2+ hours.
- Cut into pieces and keep frozen.
- If you have a dehydrator, feel free to dehydrate these for 8 hours.