This banana-less cookie dough smoothie bowl contains superfood powders like lucuma and maca, both of which help focus and resilience. There are absolutely no cookies or animal products in this bowl, making it vegan, raw, and therefore, extremely delicious!
The original recipe, adapted from Julie Morris' book, Superfood Smoothies, calls for 5 medjool dates. I decided to forego the dates - and I am glad I did. The smoothie by itself is plenty sweet. It also calls for 1/4 cup pecans, which I did not have on hand- so I used almonds.
The raw young coconut meat gives the smoothie a wonderfully creamy dreamy texture while the maca and lucuma powder lend their caramel, cookie-like natural flavors to the bowl. The cacao nibs added to the smoothie pre-blending give it a wonderful crunchy texture. Topped with bright red figs, this bowl is just as beautiful as it is delicious.
- 1/4 cup frozen raw young coconut meat
- 1 ripe organic pear
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder from Navitas Naturals
- 1 tbsp maca powder (I use Organic Burst)
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup sprouted almonds (I use Spruts!)
- 1/4 frozen avocado
- 1 cup coconut milk (or nut milk of your choice)
- cacao nibs
- cut pieces of peanut butter Go Macro bar for that cookie-like texture!
- Sprouted Almonds from Spruts Nuts
- hemp hearts
- goji berries
Enjoy, and please tag me in your creations!!