I spent this past Saturday at The Line Hotel doing a Wellness Reboot Workshop with Poketo.
I opened up the workshop with a 40 minute yoga class to bring awareness to our bodies, relax our minds, and move with our breath.
All students were sent home with an Outdoor Voices totebag filled to the brim with all of my favorite wellness items. Kale Chips, Herbivore Botanicals body oil, Gemstone Organic Face Creme, Moon Juice Beauty and Brain tonics, Emmy's Organics Macaroons, Aloha protein packs, Kitchen IQ graters, Go Macro bars, Once Again Nut butters, and $20.00 to spend on Outdoor Voices.
After yoga, we got to cooking! I demonstrated how to make a vegan Carrot Cake Oatmeal Parfait in my matching orange Le Creuset crock pot, which I will be sharing with you now! These parfaits are AWESOME. They are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and utterly delicious. You can make a big batch on a Sunday night and build 4-5 of them in your fridge (using mason jars of course) so you have breakfast prepped all week long. Just know you will be making your coworkers very jealous.
I also gave my students lots of tips on food photography, instagramming, and how to save time while eating healthy. It was a blast!
Check out some photos from the event below! Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the complete recipe.
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Parfait
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats (bob's red mill is great)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded steamed carrots
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Purely Elizabeth Blueberry Hemp granola
- Bob's Red Mill coconut shreds
- coconut cream
- cacao nibs
- Bob's Red Mill hemp seeds
- Bob's Red Mill flax seeds
- Go Macro protein bars
- Once Again Nut Butter almond butter
- shredded carrots
1) Bring water to a boil. Add oats, carrots, chia seeds, and raisins. Stir well.
2) Turn the heat down to low. Let simmer for 4 minutes until the oats are cooked to your liking. Keep stirring! You don't want any chia seed clumps here.
3) Once your oats are done, now you are ready to build. Start by layering 1/4 cup oats into the bottom of your mason jar. Then add a layer of granola. Then blueberries. Then coconut cream. Repeat until you run out of room, then add the rest of your toppings on top!
4) Store in fridge up to 4 days covered! And take with you on the go :)