I am so wildly excited to share this recipe with you all today.
Perfect for camping, dorm rooms, or kitchens big and small, this is one of my favorite classic breakfasts.
My inspiration behind this recipe stems from my deep-seeded love of peanut butter. Growing up, I always loved the taste of chocolate and peanut butter together- the salty peanut butter combined with rich chocolate is something I equated with true decadence, comfort, and quality. With this recipe, I take that timeless flavor combination and transform it into a healthy, high protein breakfast that feeds the body, mind, and soul. Layers of creamy peanut butter and rich dark chocolate blend so well together, and all topped with a chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Pleasure Go Macro Bar, this breakfast will leave all the senses truly satisfied and will make you feel like a little kid again.
2 cups oats
2-4 tbsp fresh peanut butter
¼ cup cacao powder
Water for boiling
Toppings: 1 tbsp chocolate chips, ½ Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip GoMacro bar
- Peanut butter layer: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 cup of oats to boiling water, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Add 1-2 tbsp peanut butter and mix well. Set aside.
- Chocolate layer: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 cup of oats to boiling water, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Add ¼ cup cacao powder to oat mixture and stir well.
- Add a few spoonfuls of chocolate oatmeal to the bottom of a glass jar or mason jar. Next, add a peanut butter layer. Then another chocolate layer. Then, add a tbsp of peanut butter in between the 2 layers if you love peanut butter!
- Take ½ of a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip GoMacro bar and cut into small squares.
- Add a few GoMacro squares to the top of your parfait along with a tbsp of chocolate chips. Enjoy!