These...these are to die for.
Introducing my Raw Peanut Butter Banana Cream Bars. Creamy, chewy, salty, and sweet - these bars are sure to satisfy every craving. Marrying my love of banana nice cream with my love for all things peanut butter, they are a sweet mix of a peanut butter cup and an ice cream sandwich. These bars are vegan, no-bake, and super easy to make!
These frozen babies are also perfect for entertaining. They will guaranteed leave your (non vegan/raw) friends DYING for the recipe and begging for more. Trust me. Every time I pull these out for friends, vegan or not, they become obsessed. They are always a hit at every party I bring them to because of their comforting flavors and beautiful coloring. I love cutting any leftovers up into tiny bites and stashing them in the freezer to satisfy my sweet tooth every now and then. They last in the freezer for up to 2 months!!! Oh, the joys of raw vegan desserts.
I have been making these for over a year and finally decided to share them with you all. This recipe is partly inspired by my friends at Millennial Kitchen with their Banana Cream Bars. I started making them once a week in August and September of last year because I was completely addicted to them, as I mentioned in my feature with Free People.
They are super easy to make and take less than 20 minutes. All you need is a food processor, a high speed blender, and the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup pitted dates (deglet or medjool)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural and organic)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- vegan chocolate chips
- peanut butter for drizzling
- sliced bananas
- Start by adding all of the ingredients for the crust in a food processor. Process for 5 minutes or until a dough like consistency is achieved.
- Line a bread baking pan with plastic wrap so it is easier to remove the bars.
- Place crust inside the baking pan, and press down firmly and evenly with fingers until an even crust is achieved. Place in freezer while you make the filling to set.
- For the filling, add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend for 1 minute or until completely smooth. I used a pretty poor blender for this step, and still had no trouble blending. Pour the filling over the crust. Lick the blender. And the spoon. And then your fingers. This is the best part and half the reason why I make these.
- Add your toppings to the filling. I like adding sliced bananas and vegan chocolate chips but you can get creative here. I think figs, shredded coconut, and buckinis would be nice here as well. Go wild.
- Cover your bars with plastic wrap. Place in freezer for 5 hours to set, or overnight. Remove and cut into 1.5" bars, cubes, or brownies.
- Tag me in your creations. Bask in the flory of the Raw Peanut Butter Banana Cream Bar.