After spending the weekend berry picking with family in Connecticut, I knew I had to do something with all those excess berries. I had some friends visit me from New York City on Saturday and my family and I took a day trip to some beautiful waterfalls and up a nice little hike. Then we went berry picking. I love being in nature. The sight and smell of the natural world excite me in a way only a few things in this life do. Waterfalls are very special, sacred places and I could stare at them for hours! They humble me and center me. They remind me that there is a certain rhythm to life. That life keeps on going, no matter what... and that is comforting to me.
Cue this triple berry nice cream tower. The bottom layer is just maple chia pudding and then I went all crazy adding everything on top, as I'm known to do. I love a good pile-high banana ice cream parfait!
The blue layer is a mix of frozen bananas, fresh blueberries, and frozen raspberries. Then I added fresh blueberries. Then some granola, then more blueberries. The top pink layer is strawberry and frozen banana. Toppings included a sprinkle of bee pollen and more fresh blueberries.
Pretty much heaven in a jar!
It is very important that you use a Vitamix or food processer for this recipe. Food processers make the best banana nice cream. Super fluffy with a soft serve like consistency.
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- Bee pollen
- 1/2 cup chia pudding
- Place chia pudding into the bottom of the mason jar. This will be your base! If you need a chia pudding recipe, head here.
- Add two frozen bananas and your raspberries and 1/4 cup blueberries to your processer or blender. Mix until thick Ice Cream consistency is achieved. Add a small amount of water to help mixing if necessary. Spoon into mason jar.
- Add more fresh berries and granola to jar.
- Clean blender and then add two frozen bananas and strawberries to get that same ice cream like texture. Add water if necessary. Leave chunks of strawberries for flavor!
- Spoon into mason jar.
- Top with your favorite superfoods!